Southwell Running Club is a friendly club that caters for runners of all abilities age 14 and over. Runners benefit from a range of opportunities:
- Free attendance at up to three club sessions with no obligation to join.
- Regular training sessions held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings starting from Southwell Leisure Centre car park next to The Minster School Junior Department and Saturday morning runs from a variety of locations .
- Low membership fees – with reductions for students, second claim members and associate members.
- Sessions designed by individual members for variety and enjoyment by runners of all abilities. Off road sessions are encouraged when the weather permits.
- Strong social side with a variety of activities including an annual dinner, and joint ventures with Caythorpe Cricket Club.
- The club enters the Nottinghamshire Summer League Races (one of which is hosted by us) and both the North Midlands and East Midlands Cross Country Leagues. We also organise our own Grand Prix series, club cross country events, a popular Rugby Relays family event and an annual "Bramley Challenge" race against other local clubs.
- Discounts are available for members at most running shops.
Membership entitles you to a reduction, usually £2, for all UK official race entries.
The membership comprises runners from Southwell and its surrounding villages, Newark, Nottingham and even further afield.
Minimum age for membership is 14 years but there is no maximum!
If you are interested, come along and try us out with no obligation. If you then want to join, click on membership form